Adafruit has this week launched a new addition to their range of Feather development boards with the availability of the new Adafruit Feather M0 Express, which has been designed for CircuitPython.
At this current time, CircuitPython is still currently in its beta development stage and is being developed in-house by Adafruit to offer an open source Python language to be used with microcontrollers.
Specifications include :
• Measures 2.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.28″ (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
• Light as a (large?) feather – 5 grams
• ATSAMD21G18 @ 48MHz with 3.3V logic/power
• 256KB of FLASH + 32KB of RAM
• No EEPROM
• 32.768 KHz crystal for clock generation RTC
• 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
• USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
• You also get tons of pins – 20 GPIO pins
• Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
• PWM outputs on all pins
• 6 x 12-bit analog inputs
• 1 x 10-bit analog ouput (DAC)
• Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
• Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
• Power/enable pin
• 4 mounting holes
• Reset button
For more information on the new CircuitPython code and the new Adafruit Feather M0 Express jump over to the official Adafruit website via the link below.
Source: CircuitPython : FeatherFiled Under: Hardware, Top News