Answering whether the Huawei P50 Pro is better than the iPhone 13 Pro is subjective and ultimately depends on the individual user’s needs and preferences. While Apple fans may prefer the iPhone 13 Pro, those who prefer Android devices will naturally gravitate towards the Huawei P50 Pro. Both phones have their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
Therefore, choosing between the Huawei P50 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro is a subjective decision that relies ultimately on the individual user’s needs and preferences, as both phones offer exceptional performance and cutting-edge technology.
This article will provide a side-by-side comparison of both phones, allowing users to make a more informed decision.
The Huawei P50 Pro, a high-end smartphone released in 2021, boasts a stunning 6.6-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2700 x 1228 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate. This phone is powered by the Kirin 9000 5G chipset and runs on the EMUI 12, based on Android 11 and Huawei’s proprietary Harmony OS 2.0 operating system. It also comes equipped with an in-display fingerprint sensor, dual SIM card slots, and 5G connectivity, making it a powerful and feature-packed smartphone.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 13 Pro is Apple’s latest flagship smartphone, launched in 2021. Its 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display has a resolution of 2532 x 1170 pixels and a peak brightness of 1200. It also has ProMotion technology, which allows for a variable refresh rate of up to 120Hz, ensuring smooth scrolling and animations. It is powered by Apple’s A15 Bionic chip, providing faster performance and improved energy efficiency. This phone comes with iOS 15, which offers new features such as FaceTime improvements, redesigned notifications, and Live Texts, enhancing its user experience.
When it comes to displays, the P50 Pro boasts a larger OLED display with a higher resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate, while the iPhone 13 Pro has a slightly smaller Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion technology. However, the iPhone 13 Pro features a ceramic shield front cover, which enhances its durability.
For cameras, the P50 Pro features a quad-camera setup with higher resolution sensors, while the iPhone 13 Pro has a triple camera setup with computational photography features that produce exceptional photos and videos.
Both phones offer fast charging and wireless charging capabilities. The iPhone 13 Pro has a better water and dust resistance rating, making it a more resilient choice.
And lastly, the P50 Pro runs on Huawei’s proprietary HarmonyOS operating system, while the iPhone 13 Pro runs on Apple’s iOS. This results in a different user experience for each phone.
Huawei P50 Pro
The Huawei P50 pro key specs include:
- 6.6-inch OLED display with 2700 x 1228 pixel resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate
- HDR10+ support
- Huawei Kirin 9000 5G chipset
- Octa-core CPU (1×3.13 GHz cortex-A77 & 3×2.54 GHz cortex-A77 & 4 x 2.05 GHz cortex-A55)
- Mali-G78 GPU
RAM and Storage:
- 8GB RAM
- 256 GB or 512 GB
- Nano memory (NM) card support for up to 256 GB
- Quad rear camera setup: 50MP primary sensor (f/1.8 aperture), 64MP telephoto sensor (f/3.5 aperture), 13MP ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2 aperture), and a 40 MP black and white sensor (f/1.6 aperture)
- Dual front-facing camera: 13MP primary sensor (f/2.4 aperture) and a 13MP Ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2 aperture)
- 4360mAh battery capacity
- 66W wired fast charging
- 50W wireless fast charging
- 10W Reverse wireless charging
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- IP68 dust and water resistance
- Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1
- Dual SIM support (one Nano-Sim and one e-Sim)
- No Google mobile service, but it runs on Huawei’s own Harmony OS 2.0 operating system
iPhone 13 Pro
The iPhone 13 Pro specifications include:
- Display: 6.1-inch super retina XDR display with proMotion technology and HDR support.
- Processor: A15 Bionic chip with 6-core CPU (2 high-performance and 4 high-efficiency cores) and 5-core GPU.
- Memory: 6 GB of RAM
- Storage: 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB of internal storage
- Rear camera: Triple 12MP camera system (wide, ultra-wide, and telephoto lens) with night mode and deep fusion and proRes video recording support
- Front camera: 12MP TrueDepth camera with Night mode and proRes video Recording support
- Connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC
- Sensors: Face ID, LiDAR scanner, accelerometer, barometer, three-axis gyro and proximity sensor
- Battery life: Up to 22 hours of talk time, up to 75 hrs of audio playback, and up to 13 hours of Internet use
- Operating system: iOS 15
- Other features: Ceramic shield front cover, IP68 water and dust resistance, MagSafe wireless charging and support for Apple’s ProRaw image format
The Huawei P50 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro are smartphones with advanced features. Let’s compare some of their key features:
- Stunning display: The Huawei P50 Pro boasts a 6.6-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 2700 x 1228 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate, delivering a crisp and vivid display. Meanwhile, the iPhone 13 Pro features a 6.1-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 1170 x 2532 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate with ProMotion technology, providing smooth and stunning visuals.
- Excellent camera: The Huawei P50 Pro’s quad-camera setup includes a 50 MP primary sensor, along with other high-quality sensors, producing fantastic shots and high-quality photos. Meanwhile, the iPhone 13 Pro features a triple-camera setup, including a 12 MP primary sensor, which, when combined, results in exceptional photo quality.
- Powerful processor: Both phones feature solid processors, with the Huawei P50 Pro equipped with the Kirin 9000 and the iPhone 13 Pro with the A15 Bionic chip, ensuring smooth and efficient performance.
- Long-lasting battery: The Huawei P50 Pro has a 4360 mAh battery capacity with 66W wired charging and 50W wireless charging, while the iPhone 13 Pro has a 3095 mAh battery with 20W wired charging and 15W wireless charging.
Both phones offer advanced features such as 5G connectivity, water and dust resistance, and wireless charging support. The Huawei P50 Pro boasts higher megapixel counts on its cameras and a larger battery with faster charging capabilities.
In contrast, the iPhone 13 Pro offers a faster and more efficient processor and more storage options. Ultimately, choosing between these two phones comes down to personal preference and priorities.
The Huawei P50 Pro has a slim and lightweight design, measuring 158.8 x 72.8 x 8.5 mm and weighing 195g. It features a rectangular shape with slightly rounded edges and a metallic frame, while the back is made of glass with a unique pattern that changes in appearance with the lighting. It comes in four appealing colour options, which are golden black, cocoa gold, pearl white and charm pink. The front of the phone showcases a minimalist style with a small bezel that surrounds the display, offering an immersive viewing experience.
On the other hand, the iPhone 13 Pro features a premium design, measuring 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.7 mm and weighing 204g (7.20 oz). This phone is available in graphite, gold, silver, and Sierra Blue colours. It comes with a durable surgical-grade stainless steel frame and a ceramic shield front cover that enhances its durability and adds to its sleek and elegant design. The phone’s high-quality construction makes it stand out as a premium device.
The Huawei P50 Pro has a slim and lightweight rectangular design with slightly rounded edges, a metallic frame, and a glass back with a unique pattern. It comes in four colours and has a small bezel surrounding the display for an immersive viewing experience.
The iPhone 13 Pro has a premium design with a durable stainless steel frame and a ceramic shield front cover. It measures 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.7 mm, weighs 204g, and is available in four colours. The high-quality construction gives it a sleek and elegant look.
The Huawei P50 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro are both durable, with an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance. The Huawei P50 Pro has a glass front and back that may be susceptible to scratches or cracks when dropped, but the aluminium frame offers some protection.
The iPhone 13 Pro has the toughest glass on any smartphone and a stainless steel frame for added durability against drops and impacts. Both phones are reliable in challenging environments.
The Huawei P50 Pro is known for its exceptional performance. It is powered by the Kirin 9000 chipset, which is an octa-core processor with a clock speed of up to 3.13 GHz. This chipset is based on a 5 nm process, which means it is more energy-efficient than its predecessors, resulting in longer battery life. The phone also features 8 GB of RAM, which ensures seamless performance when multitasking or running demanding apps. Additionally, the Kirin 9000 provides excellent graphics performance for gaming and other GPU-intensive tasks, making the Huawei P50 Pro an excellent choice for mobile gaming enthusiasts.
Similarly, the iPhone 13 Pro also features an impressive A15 Bionic chip, which provides excellent performance and energy efficiency. With 6 GB of RAM, this phone is capable of smooth multitasking and faster app loading times. The A15 Bionic chip is designed to handle even the most demanding apps and games, providing an outstanding user experience.
Speed & Efficiency
The Huawei P50 Pro is powered by Huawei’s Kirin 9000 chipset, which is built on a 5 nm process and features an octa-core CPU with a clock speed of up to 3.13 GHz, resulting in snappy performance and efficient power consumption.
iPhone 13 Pro features an A15 Bionic chip, which is built on a 5-nanometer process and has a 6-Core CPU and a 5-Core GPU. This powerful processor ensures that it can handle demanding apps and games with ease while also being energy efficient.
Both phones have impressive battery life and fast and wireless charging options for and long-lasting use.
The Huawei P50 Pro has up to 11 hours and 38 minutes of battery life and 66W supercharge and 50W wireless supercharge for quick charging, while the iPhone 13 Pro lasts up to 20 hours and comes with a 15W wireless charger, as well as fast charging support.
The Huawei P50 Pro offers stunning image quality with its dual-camera system, featuring a 50 MP main camera and a 40 MP Monochrome camera. On the other hand, the iPhone 13 Pro delivers vivid colours and consistent, high-quality images with its 12 MP camera.
Software & Operating System
The Huawei P50 Pro is powered by Huawei’s proprietary operating system, HarmonyOS 2, and comes with a range of pre-installed Huawei apps, including the Huawei AppGallery, which is an alternative to the Playstore.
On the other hand, the iPhone 13 runs on iOS 15 and features several improvements, such as enhanced Facetime, redesigned Safari, and Live Text. It also includes impressive software features like a ProMotion display and ProRes video recording.
Features & Apps
The Huawei P50 Pro comes with a range of pre-installed apps, including:
- Huawei App Gallery: Huawei’s own app store where users can download various apps
- Huawei Browser: A web browser developed by Huawei
- Huawei Music: A music streaming app that offers access to a vast library of songs
- Huawei Video: A video streaming app that provides access to a large collection of movies and TV shows.
The iPhone 13 Pro, on the other hand, includes several built-in apps such as:
- Apple Store: Apple’s official app store for downloading various applications
- GarageBand: A music creation app that allows users to create and edit music on the go
- Trailers: An app that enables users to browse and watch movie trailers
- Keynote: A presentation app that lets users create, edit and deliver presentations
- iTunes Remote: An app that allows users to control their iTunes library remotely.
Updates & Security
To ensure your Huawei P50 Pro is up-to-date, navigate to Settings > System & updates > Software updates and follow the prompts. It is important to use strong passwords or biometric authentication to protect your device and enable security features like anti-theft protection to keep your phone secure.
For the iPhone 13 Pro, staying up to date with the latest software updates is crucial to maintaining device security. Use strong passwords or biometric authentication to protect your phone and enable features like Find My iPhone for added security.
Price & Value for Money
Both the Huawei P50 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro are exceptional high-end smartphones that boast top-of-the-line specifications and impressive performance. Despite their price tags, they offer outstanding value for money, making them a worthwhile investment for tech-savvy individuals seeking the best phones.
The Huawei P50 Pro has a price tag of $692, whereas the cost of the iPhone 13 Pro is $999. However, it’s worth noting that the actual price may vary based on factors such as specifications, location, and the retailer you purchase from.
Availability & Accessibility
The Huawei P50 Pro is priced at $692, while the iPhone 13 Pro is available for $999. However, it is important to keep in mind that the actual cost may differ depending on several factors, including the phone’s specifications, your location, and the retailer you choose to purchase from.
Consumer Reviews & Opinions
When it comes to consumer reviews and opinions, Huawei P50 Pro users have reported that the selfie camera doesn’t perform well in low light, and the inability to access Google services is a significant drawback. Despite these issues, users generally agree that the phone is pretty cool overall.
On the other hand, iPhone 13 Pro users are thrilled with the phone’s impressive features and specifications, but the only downside is its high price point, which might discourage potential buyers.
Popularity & Trends
In terms of popularity and current trends, the iPhone 13 Pro is more widely used and recognized than the Huawei P50 Pro.
Pros & Cons
Huawei P50 Pro
- Outstanding camera
- Great display
- 66W fast charging
iPhone 13 Pro
- Improved camera
- ProMotion display
- Powerful performance
Huawei P50 Pro
- Limited Availability
- No Google apps
iPhone 13 Pro
- No major improvement in the design
Comparisons and Alternatives
Both the Huawei P50 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro offer advanced capabilities and features that are unique to each device. However, if neither of these smartphones meets your preferences, some of the best alternatives to consider include:
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Huawei Mate 50 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max
In conclusion, the Huawei P50 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro are both outstanding options, packed with a plethora of features that make them great choices in their respective series. The decision to choose one over the other ultimately depends on your individual preferences and needs, but the best part is that you really can’t go wrong with either phone.