The HP Spectre x360 is one of the 2-in-1 convertible laptops produced by HP. Some other convertible laptops by HP are the HP Envy, HP Chromebook, and HP Pavilion. These laptops have distinct features that make them stand out, especially for lovers of convertible laptops.
Convertible laptops are built with a design that enhances versatility, especially since they effectively function as a laptop and tablet, which in turn maximises productivity. These laptops can be conveniently used for work in any environment.
The HP Spectre x360 is available in Poseidon blue, nightfall black and ash silver colours and comes in models based on screen sizes to enable users to choose their preferred model. This laptop is available in 13, 14, 15, and 16-inch models. While each model has features peculiar to them, certain features cut across all models.
HP Spectre x360 laptops are widely known for their ultra-slim and portable design, the latest Intel processors and graphics that guarantee speedy performance, advanced storage capacity, variety of port options, nice webcam, excellent security features and impressive battery life.
HP Spectre x360 13-aw0057na 13.3 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop 2020 Edition i5 1035G4, 8GB DDR4, 1TB NVME SSD, Wireless 11ax & Bluetooth 5, Windows 10 Pro - UK Keyboard Layout “ Plain Box (Renewed)
Is the HP Spectre x360 good for programming?
While some laptops are built to perform basic tasks like browsing, watching videos and editing documents, others are designed to efficiently perform high-intensive tasks such as gaming, video editing, and programming.
The HP Spectre x360 laptop is perfect for creatives as it comes in a sleek design and has the required features for a good programming laptop. Some of these features include:
- Display: Since programming mostly involves you staring into your laptop screen for long hours at a stretch, this is an important factor to consider when getting a programming laptop.
The HP Spectre x360 is available in 13, 14, 15, and 16-inch models to allow users to choose their preferred screen size.
- Processor: A high-performing processor is a vital feature of a programming laptop, as a newer processor tends to perform better than an older processor. The processor has to be able to run and manage several applications simultaneously, and as such, a processor with a high clock speed is a great choice.
With the HP Spectre x360, speedy work is guaranteed, thanks to its fast Intel Core processor and Intel Iris Xe graphics.
- Memory: In order for you to multitask and run several programs and applications at once, you need sufficient RAM on your laptop. A programming laptop requires a minimum of 8 GB RAM for optimum performance.
The HP Spectre x360 has 8 GB LPDDR4x-3733 MHz RAM onboard, which makes it good enough for programming jobs. Some models of the HP Spectre x360 allow for the RAM to be upgraded. However, some models of this laptop are not upgradeable as they have the RAM soldered to the motherboard.
- Storage capacity: For speedy programming performance, a laptop with Solid State Drive (SSD) is essential to allow you to compile codes and load files at a quicker rate.
The standard storage for a coding laptop is 256 GB SSD, and the HP Spectre x360 measures up to 512 GB of SSD storage. This means that you can run and store as many programs as you want without issues.
- Operating system: Without the OS, running programs on the laptop will be difficult. The HP Spectre x360 comes with the Windows 11 Home Operating system. This OS has features that make it a great choice for programmers.
- Keyboard: The keyboard is a necessary peripheral to consider when getting a programming laptop. This is because programming often requires a great deal of computer designing, writing, and testing codes. Therefore, a comfortable keyboard will help programmers type quickly, thereby saving them a lot of time. HP Spectre x360 laptops have a decent full-sized backlit keyboard that provides a comfortable typing experience.
- Battery life: As expected, this is a major factor to consider in a programming laptop. A laptop with long battery life allows users to work for longer hours without having to worry about frequent charges.
All HP Spectre x360 laptops have an impressive battery life that allows you to work on the go.
Specs of the HP Spectre x360
The HP Spectre x360 laptop has different versions based on its screen sizes. The available sizes of this laptop are 13, 14, 15, and 16-inch models.
Some of the best HP Spectre x360 laptops include:
- HP Spectre X360 13.5 2-in-1 laptop -14t-ef000
- HP Spectre X360 2-in-1 laptop -16t-f100
- HP Spectre X360 convertible laptop -14t-ea200
- HP Spectre X360 2-in-1 laptop 16-foo35nr, 16″
- HP Spectre X360 convertible laptop -16t-f000
- HP Spectre X360 convertible laptop -14t-ea100
While each model of HP Spectre x360 laptop has distinct features, there are some general specifications. These specifications include:
- The operating system is Windows 11 home
- It is available in 13, 14, 15, and 16-inches
- It has an ultra-slim and portable design
- It has an Intel Core processor and Intel Iris Xe graphics that guarantees speedy work
- Available in nightfall black, dark ash silver, and Poseidon blue colours
- The battery life of the HP Spectre X360 is impressive
- Incredible audio custom-tuned by experts at Bang and Olufsen
- Presence of a fingerprint reader and Hello IR camera
- Hp Active pen: helps to navigate, draw and sketch at ease
- HP Quick drop: enables users to share folders between their phone and personal computer
- HP command centre: This allows you to tailor your PC performance, fan speed and external temperature.
- Ports available are:
- MicroSD card reader
- Headphone jack
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3
- 1 x USB Type-A
3 Alternatives for Programming
Asides from the Spectre x360 laptop, there are other laptops that are great for programming. These laptops include:
- HP Pavilion x360 laptop: Known for its high-quality graphics and long battery life, the Pavilion x360 laptop is a great choice for programming tasks. This laptop is ultraportable and has a 360-degree hinge for various uses. The Pavilion x360 has a customisable graphics card to suit your needs, as well as an upgraded 512 GB SSD storage option.
- HP ZBook x2 detachable laptop: This 2-in-1 detachable laptop by HP is versatile as it efficiently performs programming and other creative tasks easily. This laptop has sufficient memory with 32 GB of RAM, a powerful Intel Core i7 processor, and access to the Adobe suite of applications.
It also has a cooling design that boosts your laptop’s performance, numerous port options for extra peripherals, HP Z Turbo Drive for faster storage, an NVIDIA Quadro graphics card for gaming programmers, and supports fast charge.
- HP OMEN 15-inch gaming laptop: Built to be a gaming laptop, the Omen laptop has cool features like the latest CPU and GPU hardware, a high-functioning cooling design, several display options with fast refresh rates, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics for smooth gaming and excellent programming.
Conclusively, the HP Spectre x360 laptop is one of the best programming laptops as it performs programming tasks efficiently.
Laptops in the Spectre x360 series come packed with features that make them great for programming functions, such as impressive battery life, a comfortable keyboard, sufficient memory, excellent OS, and great display, amongst others.
The overall features of this laptop make it a great choice for programmers.