Reolink makes a variety of security cameras, all with varying battery power and power consumption levels. They all consume different amounts of the battery power stored within the security cameras.
It is difficult to predict how long the battery on your Reolink device will last, so in this article, I will examine the battery life of Reolink security cameras.
- How Long Will a Reolink Battery Last?
- How Long Will a Reolink Go Battery Last
- How Long Does the Reolink Argus PT Battery Last?
- How Long Does the Reolink Argus 3 Pro’s Battery Last?
- Can the Batteries on a Reolink Be Replaced?
- Factors that Affect the Battery Life of a Reolink Security Camera
- Tips to Extend a Reolink’s Battery Life.
How Long Will a Reolink Battery Last?
Reolink security cameras come in a variety of styles, and each one has a different battery life cycle. However, the high-capacity rechargeable battery lasts about two months on standby mode. It will last only for about 500 minutes when on active access for live feed mode. A high-capacity battery is compatible with most Reolink Go series security cameras, like the Reolink Go and the Reolink Go Plus.
How Long Will a Reolink Go Battery Last
The Reolink Go’s batteries typically last for two months when on standby mode. This implies that neither the Reolink Software nor PIR-triggered motion detection would be available to your camera. The majority of Reolink cameras will go into standby mode to save energy. Additionally, the battery can be recharged at least 500 times without reducing its life.
However, when in normal use mode, it can last for 1-4weeks. This can be affected by your SIM card providers, working environments and the connection frequency. When in continuous live view, the battery will last about 10hrs in day mode and 7hrs with the IR lights on when it is in night mode, all on a single charge.
On a single charge, it can last about 20hrs on continuous playback mode; while it’s on night mode with its IR lights on, it can last 10hrs on constant playback mode.
How Long Does the Reolink Argus PT Battery Last?
The Reolink Argus PT can last about two months when it is on standby mode, and it does not have access to the camera or motion-activated sensors. However, when the camera is being used normally, it can last for about 2-4 weeks on a single charge.
How Long Does the Reolink Argus 3 Pro’s Battery Last?
The Reolink Argus 3 Pro’s battery has an average standby life of about two months and a normal- use life of one to four weeks. However, the extent of the battery life largely depends on your usage and other external factors like network strength.
Can the Batteries on a Reolink Be Replaced?
The batteries on a Reolink security camera can be replaced but not on every Reolink. Some models, like the Reolink Argus PT and Argus Pro, have built-in batteries. At the same time, the Reolink Argus Go and the Reolink Argus Go Plus have removable batteries. However, if you have a defective battery on any Reolink security camera, then you should send it back to Reolink to be fixed or replaced.
Factors that Affect the Battery Life of a Reolink Security Camera
The four main things that affect the battery life of your security cameras are;
1. Constant False alarms; Constant false alarms will always drain the batteries on your Reolink cameras quickly
2. A poor Wi-Fi connection will always drain your camera’s battery power because it consumes more power to transmit data when the Wi-Fi connection is slow
3. Extreme Heat and Cold will always drain the battery on your Reolink security camera
4. Always having your Infrared sensors on would drain the battery of your security cameras. So, make sure you install them in a well-lit environment.
Tips to Extend a Reolink’s Battery Life.
1. The best way to extend the battery life of any Reolink security camera is to pair it with optional solar panels. The solar panels will provide an uninterrupted power supply to the Reolink security cameras, allowing them to operate for an extended period.
2. Install the Reolink Security Cameras Properly; if you don’t install your Reolink security cameras and PIR sensors improperly. You run the risk of increasing the frequency of a false alarm, and that would only make your battery drain quickly.
3. Make sure you install your security cameras away from bright objects, as bright objects would lead to false alarms, thereby draining the battery on your Reolink security cameras.
4. You should Avoid installing your security cameras away from places that have a high volume of foot and vehicle traffic.
5. Avoid placing your security cameras and PIR sensors near other outlets, like air conditioners and humidifier outlets.
6. Make sure you adjust the PIR sensor’s sensitivity on your Reolink security cameras because it can help reduce the number of false alarms you would get. Thus, helping to extend the battery life of your Reolink security camera. By adjusting your settings to low, you should be able to improve your battery life by 25%
7. You should also set up a proper motion detection schedule; By setting up an effective Motion sensor schedule, you should be able to limit how long your PIR motion sensor is active. An effective schedule like having your motion sensor turned on when you normally go to sleep and having it turned off when you wake up would make the battery last longer.
Another good schedule would be to set it up from when everyone leaves the house until when you return home. The main reason for using a motion sensor schedule is to reduce the number of times the sensor is turned on while maximising the number of times it is turned on. As a result, your Reolink security camera’s battery life will be extended.
8. Make sure to keep your Reolink security cameras away from extremely hot or cold environments.
9. Installing your Reolink security cameras in well-lit environments would keep the IR sensors from coming on frequently. Limiting the number of times your security camera’s IR sensors are turned on unnecessarily would help extend the battery life of your security cameras
10. A bad Wi-Fi connection causes your security cameras to use a lot of power when transmitting data, which can quickly drain your security camera’s battery. So, to ensure that your batteries last longer, install your security cameras in areas where your network is stable and robust.
The Reolink Battery is reasonably long-lasting, but it is not the most powerful battery. As a result, you should keep some of the suggestions I’ve provided in mind. So you can make the most of the battery’s life.
You could also get a solar panel, which should provide an unlimited and continuous power supply to keep the battery on your Reolink security camera charged at all times. I hope you found this article helpful; if you used any of my suggestions, please let me know how it worked out for you in the comments section. Thank you very much.