The Huawei P40 lite 5G is an Android smartphone that was released in 2020. This smartphone is a great mid-range device that comes with new improvements to its predecessor- the P40 lite.
This phone’s blistering fast 5G internet provides users with a super-fast connection; it also has other cool features like its camera, expansive display, and great battery life, amongst others.
- Battery life
- Buying Guide
- What is the price of the Huawei P40 lite 5G?
- Is the Huawei P40 lite 5G worth buying?
- FAQs – Huawei P40 Lite 5G
- How does the Huawei P40 lite’s design compare to the Huawei P40 Pro?
- How does the Huawei P40 lite's performance compare to the Huawei P40 pro?
- How does the Huawei P40 lite's camera compare to the Huawei P40 pro?
- How does the Huawei P40 lite display compare to the Huawei P40 pro?
- Is the Huawei P40 lite 5G compatible?
The Huawei P40 lite 5G is stunningly designed with a superior build that features a special 3D textured glass at the front and back and a metal frame in between that may be plastic with pretty decent-sized bezels.
This phone is available in three colours – crush green, space silver and midnight black.
It has a thickness of 8.6 millimetres and weighs 189 grams. On the left side, there is a dual Nano SIM Slot, while the right side contains the power button, an integrated fingerprint sensor and a volume rocker.
There is also an audio jack and USB C 2.0 ports. For its inputs, It uses a SwiftKey keyboard app while the touchscreen responds to touch directly. Facial recognition or fingerprint sensor can be used to unlock the P40 lite 5G smartphone.
The P40 lite 5G is packed with improved features and specifications that guarantee users of outstanding performance.
It has an amazing display for an immersive viewing experience, a Kirin 820 5G processor that ensures top-notch image processing across the board, an ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU with good RAM of 6GB and 128GB internal storage to store various files without worrying about space, great battery life that keeps you going for longer, and a speedy operating system that gives you faster updates with seamless and responsive performance while accessing multiple apps.
The P40 lite 5G has a lined quad camera setup, with the main camera with a 64MP high-resolution lens + 8MP ultra wide angle lens + 2MP bokeh lens + 2MP macro lens and a front camera of 16MP wide Selfie camera.
Image runs at 2160p, Video of 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps. The camera has an LED flash, Panorama, and HDR. The camera features are; Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection and Touch to focus. The 64 MP AI-quad camera of this phone captures images with clarity.
This phone has a Lithium Polymer 4000mAh lithium-polymer non-removable battery type, and fast charging of 40W with Huawei’s superfast technology certified for safety by TUV Rheinland, and can charge up to 70% in half an hour.
- Dimensions in W x D x H are 75mm x 162.31mm x 8.58mm
- 6.5 inches display size
- The screen resolution is 2400 x 1080
- Weight is 189g, including the battery
- Available colours are space silver, crush green, and midnight black
- The operating system is EMUI 10.1, based on Android 10 (no Google Play Services)
- The processor is Huawei Kirin 820
- CPU: Octa-core Processor – 1 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.22 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.84 GHz
- GPU: Mali-G57
- NPU: Single NPU (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 6GB RAM, 128GB On-board storage
- Nano Memory card up to 256 GB
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, 4K video recording, NFC, brightness sensor
- Nano Dual SIM slot for 4G and 5G
- Bluetooth 5.1 and WiFi dual band
- 4000mAh Li-Po battery
- Huawei Supercharge (Max 40W)
- Supports audio with mp3, mp4, 3gp, ogg, amr, aac, flac, wav, midi, ape
- Supports 3gp and mp4 videos
- Rear Camera is 64 MP (High resolution Lens, f/1.8 aperture) + 8 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.4 aperture) + 2 MP (Bokeh lens, f/2.4 aperture) + 2 MP (Macro lens, f/2.4 aperture)
- Front camera is 16 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Sensors include: a proximity sensor, gyroscope, compass, fingerprint sensor, and ambient light sensor
- This box comes with the phone (built-in battery), a charger, one type-C cable, 1 3.5 mm earphones, a quick start guide, eject tool, warranty card, TP protective film (attached to TP)
- 1-year warranty
- 5G connectivity
- Quad Camera and good image quality of the main camera
- Long battery life
- Good system performance
- Great design
- Variety of colours to choose from
- Unavailability of Google Play store
- NM cards Limitations
- No stereo speakers
- Average selfie camera
- IP60 certification
- Poor contrast for display
Having discussed the specifications, pros and cons of the Huawei P40 lite 5G smartphone extensively, you should know some factors to consider before buying this phone.
This phone can be purchased from some online stores like Amazon. Asides from the phone with a built-in battery, the content of the package includes a charger, Type-C cable, 3.5 mm earphones, quick start guide, eject tool, warranty card and a TP protective film (attached to TP).
The Huawei P40 lite 5G does not come with the Google Play store and apps, so if you are particular about that feature, you should go for the Huawei P30 Pro as it supports Google services.
Despite the Huawei P40 lite 5G smartphone not having Google apps, it has impressive features for a mid-range phone that make it stand out.
What is the price of the Huawei P40 lite 5G?
The price range of the Huawei P40 lite 5G is $400-$500
Is the Huawei P40 lite 5G worth buying?
For a mid-range phone, the Huawei P40 lite 5G guarantees users of great performance with the amazing features it comes packed with, such as 5G connectivity for super-fast connection, fast charging with the Huawei Supercharge, stunning design, 64 MP AI Quad camera, speedy processor, storage capacity, amongst many others makes this phone worth buying.
Amongst its predecessors, the P40 lite 5G is distinguishable as it comes with the newest mobile communication standard- 5G, but that’s not all; it has cool features that will provide users with a satisfactory experience.
FAQs – Huawei P40 Lite 5G
How does the Huawei P40 lite’s design compare to the Huawei P40 Pro?
While the P40 Lite has a textured glass build at the front and back with a metal frame, the P40 Pro has an aluminium frame. Also, the P40 Pro has more colour options (deep sea blue, ice white, black, blush gold, and silver frost) to choose from than the P40 Lite, with three colour options (space silver, crush green, and midnight black)
How does the Huawei P40 lite’s performance compare to the Huawei P40 pro?
Although both devices have the same Android 10 EMUI 10.1 Operating system, the P40 Pro offers better performance than the P40 Lite as it has some advanced features such as a larger RAM, battery capacity of 4200mAh, better GPU of Mali-G76 MC16, refresh rates of 90Hz than the Lite 5G of 60Hz, higher CPU performance and so on.
How does the Huawei P40 lite’s camera compare to the Huawei P40 pro?
The Huawei Lite and Pro have quite a number of differences in the camera aspect. They both have front cameras, one front camera for the Lite (16 Mp wide) and two front cameras for the P40 Pro, 32 MP wide and 2Mp BOKEH for the first and second front camera.
They are both Quad cameras; the first camera for the lite is 64 MP wide, while the Pro is 52 MP wide. The second camera for the lite is 8 MP ultra-wide, while the Pro is 40 MP ultra-wide.
For the third camera, the lite 5G has 2 MP macro while the Pro has 12 MP TELEPHOTO 5x. The fourth camera for the lite is 2 MP BOKEH, while the pro is 2 MP BOKEH; both include slow motion at 7680 fps.
The camera video for the two devices is full HD 1920 X 1080 and 4k (3840 x 2160) 60fps for Pro and 30fps for lite 5G.
This goes to show that the Pro has higher and better standards for both front and rear cameras.
How does the Huawei P40 lite display compare to the Huawei P40 pro?
The P40 Lite has an LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 6.5 inches,102cm2 and a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, 405 PPI, 60Hz refresh rates and 83.7% screen-to-body-ratio while the P40 Pro has an OLED Capacitive touchscreen, 6.6inch larger screen, 105.2cm2 and resolution of 1200 x 2640 pixels, 441ppi, 90Hz refresh rates and 91.54% screen-to-body-ratio.
Both models come with gorilla glass, but the P40 Pro is considered to have a better display for an immersive viewing experience.
Is the Huawei P40 lite 5G compatible?
Just as the name suggests, it is 5G compatible, and it has both 4G and 5G connectivity. Various connectivity options on the Huawei P40 Lite 5G include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth v5.1, and 5G supported by devices 4G, 3G, and 2G.