Launched in 2021, the Huawei P50 is the latest addition to the Huawei P50 series. Phones in the P50 series, such as the P50 Pro and P50 pocket premium edition, come with high-end photography, true-to-life camera ethos, and revolutionary Huawei XD Optics for an advanced camera experience.
The P50 smartphone by Huawei has lots of impressive features that are guaranteed to provide users with top-notch performance.
This article will discuss the premium features of the Huawei P50 smartphone.
- The available colour options are golden black and cocoa gold
- Dimensions in H x W x D are 156.50 x 73.80 x 7.92mm
- This phone weighs 181 grams (including the battery)
- The display size is 6.5 inches, with a resolution of 2700 x 1224 pixels
- OLED screen with up to 90Hz refresh rate; 1,440 Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, and 300 Hz touch sampling rate
- The Operating system is HarmonyOS 2.0, based on Android 11
- The processor is Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G
- CPU is Octa-core Octa-core, 1 × [email protected] GHz + 3 × [email protected] GHz + 4 × [email protected] GHz
- GPU is Adreno 660
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM
- Triple camera with:
- 50 MP True-Chroma Camera (Color, f/1.8 aperture)
- 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera (f/2.2 aperture)
- 12 MP Telephoto Camera (f/3.4 aperture, OIS) supports AF
- 13MP selfie camera (Wide Angle, f/2.4)
- IP68 rating for splash, water and dust resistance
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) In the Dual SIM version, either card slot can be set to accommodate the primary or secondary SIM card.
- 4G network connectivity
- Sensors include: Gyroscope, Compass, Gravity, Fingerprint, Hall, Ambient light, proximity, laser, and colour temperature sensor
- Bluetooth 5.2, WiFi 802.11, b/g/n, Hotspot connectivity
- USB Type-C, USB 3.1 GEN1 (reversible), USB Type-C ear jack
- Audio is HUAWEI Histen, supports stereo sound
- 4100 mAh battery capacity
- Supports HUAWEI SuperCharge (Max 66W)
- This box comes with the phone (built-in battery), a charger, USB type-C cable, flexible clear case, quick start guide, eject tool and warranty card
6 Legendary features of the Huawei P50
The Huawei P50 is packed with really cool features that make it perform even beyond expectations. Some of the legendary features of this phone are:
- 66 W Huawei SuperCharge
This is one of the best features of this smartphone by Huawei. With the Huawei Supercharge, you can charge an empty battery fully in about 40 minutes.
- 4100 mAh Battery
The Huawei P50 has a 4100 mAh lithium-polymer non-removable battery type that supports fast charging of 66W with Huawei SuperCharge.
- Dual Stereo speakers
Huawei Histen customises sound effects for different scenarios, so you always feel like you’re part of the scene, thanks to the all-around sound from the dual stereo speakers. Therefore, whether you are playing games, listening to music or watching videos, you are guaranteed an immersive listening experience.
- IP68 splash, water and dust resistance
This rating means that, based on certain defined test conditions, the Huawei P50 smartphone is protected against dust, splashes and harmful ingress of static water at up to 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes.
- Dual-Matrix Camera Design
The Huawei P50 sports a fantastic design and amazing camera improvements from previous generations. The True-Form Dual-Matrix Camera system on the Huawei P50 consists of the powerful Main Camera Matrix, which shows you a true world of colour, and the Super Zoom Matrix that is able to capture images in gorgeous clarity from near or far, wide or close-in.
The camera hardware uses great image processing engines, with the HUAWEI XD Optics, which serves smartphone photography with better clarity and results in brighter, high-resolution images, cleaner, and more detailed shots, while the upgraded HUAWEI XD Fusion Pro image engine helps to showcase comprehensive image details, this duo means more light can come in to capture patterns and textures in greater detail.
- 6.5 inch True-Chroma Display
With a 6.5-inch screen size, this phone is specially designed to display colours accurately. It supports P3 wide color gamut and 1.07 billion colors which show accurate colors. This phone also has a refresh rate of up to 90Hz and 300Hz touch sampling rate, which ensures that the response time is quick, and your viewing experience is smooth.
To minimize eye strain, this phone provides care for your eyes with the 1440 Hz high frequency PWM dimming control that allows you to enjoy a high-quality and comfortable viewing experience even in low-light conditions.
Other cool features of this phone include:
- Intelligent Cross-Device collaboration: Sharing files across devices is made easy with the new distributed file system. With this, you can get instant access to the files on your phone via your laptop. You can conveniently open, view and enjoy transfers without the use of a cable.
- Smooth and fast operation: The Huawei P50 uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G processor. The 5 nm flagship delivers an exceptional performance in data processing, multitasking and quick response time.
- Privacy and security: This phone has firm security requirements in place for joint authentication between connected devices.
- True Chroma shot: This features an advanced light-sensing system – P3 wide colour gamut and 2,000+ colors adjustment that allows you to take pictures that display natural colors.
- 50x Zoom: Capturing images that are far away are easy, with up to 50x zoom that enables you to get stable and clear shots.
- AIS Pro True-Steady Shot: AIS Pro works with OIS to bring True-Steady Shot which works efficiently by allowing you to take pictures and videos that are blur-free, regardless of the distance. Just as the name suggests, shots are truly steady.
In conclusion, the Huawei P50 has everything you’ll want in a flagship smartphone: from a fantastic camera system, stylish design, long battery life, fast charging speed to many other premium features.
The overall features of this phone, combined with its affordability, durability, and performance, are sure to guarantee users of a satisfactory experience.
Does the Huawei P50 have Google?
The Huawei ban prohibits the company from integrating any products from US-based firms, including Google. This simply means none of the phones in the P50 series will have Google apps, including the Google Play Store itself. However, the Huawei store has a wide selection of apps you can select from.
Does the Huawei P50 support 5G?
It supports only 4G connectivity, as Huawei is unable to support 5G smartphones outside of China.