Smart video doorbells are known for serving as a deterrent to thieves because knowing that a house has video coverage scares them off.
Since the majority of crime takes place at night, a doorbell with high-quality night vision is extremely helpful in giving homeowners a clear view of everyone that comes to their doorsteps from their phones, tablets or tablets, which will help them take the necessary steps in preventing the occurrence of bad incidents.
The Ring doorbell 3 comes packed with 1080p HD video quality, two-way audio with noise cancellation, advanced motion detection, dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi connectivity, improved energy efficiency, live view and infrared night vision, the field of view for the Ring Video Doorbell 3 is 160° horizontal and 90° vertical.
These features, particularly the infrared night vision, which illuminates images in the dark, make the Ring doorbell 3 stand out amongst other doorbells on the market today.
- What Is The Range Of The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision?
- How Does The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision Work?
- What are the benefits of the Ring doorbell 3’s night vision?
- What Are The Drawbacks Of The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision?
- How Does The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision Compare To Other Doorbells?
- How Does The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision Compare To Other Security Cameras?
- What are some tips for using the Ring doorbell 3’s night vision?
- How Can I Troubleshoot Problems With The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision?
What Is The Range Of The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision?
The range of the Ring doorbell 3 is set to detect motion of up to 160 degrees horizontally and 90 degrees vertically.
How Does The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision Work?
The camera of the Ring doorbell 3 works by automatically switching into night vision mode when it thinks it is dark enough. This goes to say that you have no control over when the camera switches to night vision mode.
During the day, the video recorded by the camera looks weird because Ring cameras detect Infrared and Ultraviolet light.
IR-cut filters block IR light during the daytime and move out of the way to allow the camera to record images clearly at night.
What are the benefits of the Ring doorbell 3’s night vision?
Some of the benefits of the night vision in the Ring doorbell 3 are:
- Allows homeowners to monitor all activities on their doorsteps at night
- Gives a clear view of the faces of guests that come at night
- Captures an image of anyone close to the entrance of a home (within the field of view)
- The night vision of the Ring doorbell 3 serves as a deterrent to crime because it scares criminals away
What Are The Drawbacks Of The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision?
The drawbacks of the night vision in the Ring doorbell 3 are:
- The field of view of the night vision is usually limited and does not cover certain areas, which means that activities that take place a bit further from the field of view will not be covered
- Image quality on the night vision is not high
- When the device thinks it is dark enough, the normal camera operation switches off, and infrared light will be used to record video. Having no control over when your night vision comes on or goes off is a disadvantage, especially in instances when street lights or overhead lights come on in the dark. In any of these occurrences, the doorbell switches out of night vision mode.
How Does The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision Compare To Other Doorbells?
Unlike other doorbells, the night vision of the Ring 3 doorbell uses infrared light to illuminate images in the dark which enables homeowners to see clearly even in the dark. Images captured within the field of view of this doorbell are also clear which makes it a good doorbell for homes.
How Does The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision Compare To Other Security Cameras?
The camera of the Ring doorbell 3 automatically switches into night vision mode when it thinks it is dark enough, which means you have no control over it when it switches into night vision mode. Regardless of this, the night vision of the Ring doorbell is still a great choice for homes; however, if you desire a high-quality outdoor nighttime security camera, you can explore other options.
What are some tips for using the Ring doorbell 3’s night vision?
Turning on the coloured night vision of your Ring doorbell 3 enables the camera to make use of ambient light to create false images in Live View. With the coloured night vision, you can get a better idea of what takes place in the image because it provides a false sense of colour depth. To turn the coloured night vision on or off, do the following:
- Open the Ring app on your phone or tablet
- Tap the three lines on the upper left side of the screen
- Tap Devices
- Choose the device you want to adjust
- Tap device settings
- Tap video settings
- Tap Colour night vision
- Tap on Enable/Disable colour night vision to either turn the feature on/off
How Can I Troubleshoot Problems With The Ring Doorbell 3’s Night Vision?
Listed below are some of the problems that you can encounter with the Ring doorbell 3 and how you can fix them:
- Wiring Issues: A faulty wiring can lead to problems with the night vision of your Ring doorbell 3. To rectify this, ensure that your Power Kit is correctly installed because the Power kit ensures that there is sufficient power for your doorbell
- Black Videos: If your videos are totally dark, you need to adjust your router
- Whitewashed videos: If you observe that your videos are whitewashed, you will have to adjust the angle of your doorbell to make sure that the images recorded are not being overexposed to light
- Light settings: If your recorded videos are not visible, you will need to add some light to the area of recording to ensure visibility
In conclusion, the night vision of the Ring doorbell 3 is one of the best ways to guarantee your home security even at night. Although the night vision of this doorbell has some limitations like the limited field of view and lack of control when it comes on or goes off, it still goes a long way in preventing crime and securing homes.