The Lenovo Tab M10 HD 2nd Gen tablet is one option in the 2nd generation of Lenovo’s M-series Android tablets; the M10 was announced on 31st August 2020 and released in November 2020.
It runs on the Android 10 Operating System, and its attractive design, solid build quality, reasonable price and built-in stereo speakers make it a great buy.
The Lenovo M10 HD, 2nd Gen tablet, has a luxurious smooth metal body cover. It uses pure metal as its casing material (PC+ ABS+ Metal) with two plastic sides which house the speakers and some ports; it is available in 2 colours – iron grey and platinum grey.
It has a dimension (H x W x D) of 241 x 149.4x 8.3mm / 9.51 x 5.88 x 0.33, it weighs 420 grams ( 14.82 oz/0.91lbs).
The top includes a speaker grill, while the bottom includes the second speaker grill dock station connection and USB-C input; there is also a two-point pogo pin. On the right side, you will find the power, volume up /down button with two microphones, there is a nano single sim card slot and a microSDXC memory card slot.
It has a 10.1 inches backlit multi-touch touchscreen surrounded by a relatively slim bezel, 295.8cm², 82.0% screen to body ratio with an IPS LCD, 60%NTSC Colour gamut, 400 nits brightness type, certified with TUV Rheinland Eye Protection.
It has a resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels, 16:10 ratio (149 PPI density) 8MP, which makes the tablet’s display sharper and more vibrant there is also the gorilla glass screen fixed in the front.The storage is 2GB RAM +32GB ROM, 4GB RAM +64GB ROM.
- TUV Rheinland eye protection is designed to lower blue light and reduce straining the eyes
- 2GB+ 32GB ROM, 4GB soldered LPDDR4x + 64GB ROM eMCP4x, eMMC. This inbuilt storage can be expanded with the microSD card up to 256GGB
- The tab makes use of microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory card types
- It has the face unlock feature or facial recognition, which uses a webcam alone, pattern pin or password for security
- The Lenovo tablet has an 8-megapixel autofocus rear main camera that has a LED Flash, with an image resolution of 3264 x 2448 pixels, 7.99 MP and video resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels, 0.92 MP. The rear camera has features like:
- Continuous shooting
- Digital zoom
- Touch focus
- White balance settings
- Exposure compensation
- Scene mode.
- The tablet has a 5 Megapixel full focus on the front selfie camera with an image resolution of 2560 by 1920 pixels and a video resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels, 0.92 MP.
- Dual speakers, both loudspeaker and stereo speakers tuned by Dolby Atmos, with a 3.5 mm audio input and built-in FM radio. AAC, AAC+, AMR, MID, WAV, eAAC+ sound formats
- USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go magnetic connector; the USB-C can be used to connect other accessories other than charging
- The Lenovo M10 HD 2nd gen supports a 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band WiFi, 2.4GHz, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band WiFi, 5GHz networking
- The Lenovo M10 HD 2nd Gen has 5.0 LE Bluetooth connectivity and dual-band wireless connectivity.
- GSM, HSPA, LTE cellular connectivity
- GPS (LTE Model), GLONASS, Beidou tracking or positioning
- Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22T 12 nanometer chipset
- The Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen2 tablet is powered by Snapdragon Qualcomm 450 Octa-core 4 x 2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 and 4 x 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53.
- The Graphical processing unit of the Lenovo M10 gen 2 tab is PowerVR GE8320 with 650 MHz
- Sensors like accelerometer, Proximity (P) sensor, Hall sensor, Ambient light sensor (ALS), compass or magnetometer, gyroscope
- The Lenovo M10 HD Gen 2 tablet has a Windows 10 operating system
- Softwares Google Photos, Google Calendar, Google, Messages (cellular device only), Phone by Google (cellular device only), Dolby Atmos, as well as pre-installed software like Lenovo launcher, Google kids space, Google assistant, Gmail, Lenovo entertainment, YouTube Music, Bing Wallpaper, Google Chrome
The Lenovo Tab M10 HD Gen 2 Tablet makes use of Li-Polymer 500mAh, and it is non-removable. The battery takes up to 4.5 hours to be fully charged and can last up to 10 hours on web browsing and up to 8 hours on video playback. Battery performance varies depending on usage, and as expected, the battery capacity will naturally decrease with time and usage.
The Lenovo M10 HD gen 2 price varies according to the storage acquired; there is $129.99 for the 2GB and $169.99 for the 4GB. Prices also vary according to the countries it is being purchased from.
- Affordable price
- Durability and 1-year Warranty
- Stereo speakers
- Good display with wide viewing angles
- TUV Rheinland reduces blue light
- Windows 10 operating system
- A large amount of RAM and storage for the 4GB + 64 Internal storage
- Smart dock, which allows one to use it as a smart display
- Low resolution as it can not be used to watch apps like Netflix in HD and other streaming services with HD resolution. YouTube and local videos in HD can be watched.
- The tablet is not much of a game tablet, so you can’t expect much of a great gaming performance because the MediaTek processor is not perfect. It has low graphics for games like PUBG mobile and asphalt 9, but simpler games run smoothly without any glitches.
- Low pixel for the 10.1 screen size, which makes texts and icons appear a bit blurry
- Not so strong battery life. It does not have an outstanding battery capacity but a fine mid-range one.
- Overall performance is average.
The Lenovo M10 HD is a tablet with an impressive design. This pocket-friendly device offers an excellent overall experience for web browsing, media streaming, and other tasks.
Also, it includes the Google kids space, which makes it an excellent choice for kids if you’re looking to get one; it helps parents childproof the tablet with games, books and videos for children.
This tablet by Lenovo is also a great choice for the family. The Lenovo M10 HD 2nd Gen tablet provides excellent value for its price.