As one of the top home security systems producers, Ring produces various security products such as video doorbells, security cameras, smart lighting, and alarm systems, among others.
- Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation
- What Are The Dimensions Of The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
- What is the price of the Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
- What Is The Warranty Period For The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
- How Easy Is It To Install The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
- How User-Friendly Is The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
- What Is The Range Of The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
- What Are The Battery Life Expectations For The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
- Pros and Cons
Alarm systems are majorly designed to detect unauthorised entry into your home. In the event of a break-in, forced entry, or any threatening situation like a fire, the alarm system will trigger a loud sound that will alert homeowners, which will, in turn, make them know the necessary steps to take or authorities to alert for help.
Most homes today use alarm security systems to deter crime, prevent unauthorised entry, protect properties and allow remote access to homes.
Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation
Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd generation is a DIY smart alarm system that is an upgrade from the original. This alarm system comes with the following sensors:
- Base station: This is considered to be the brain of your alarm kit system. It keeps your Ring alarm online and stays connected to all your devices
- Keypad: With the keypad, you can seamlessly arm and disarm your alarm systems, even while indoors.
- Contact sensor: This sensor allows you to secure the doors and windows in your home and get alerts whenever they are open
- Motion detector: This can be placed in rooms or hallways to get alert on the detection of motion
- Range extender: The range extender allows you to extend the signal from your base station to all its components
This alarm system by Ring is particularly great for apartments, small homes and condominiums. It works with all Ring products like video doorbells, security cameras and lights.
People that already own Ring doorbells will find this alarm kit to be a great choice because you can choose to monitor using the Ring app or subscribe to round-the-clock professional monitoring at an affordable price. This 5 piece kit alarm system allows for easy installation and gives users complete control over modes (Home, Away, and Disarmed).
The addition of an outdoor siren and new sensors make it a top alarm security system.
What Are The Dimensions Of The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
Listed below are the dimensions of each sensor that comes with Ring alarm 5 piece kit:
- Base station: 6.65 x 6.65 x 1.46 inches
- Keypad: 4.40 x 4.27 x 0.76 inches
- Contact sensor: 2.09 x 1.12 x 0.55 inches
- Motion detector: 2.6 x 2.6 x 1.53 inches
- Range extender: 1.86 x 3.19 x 1.66 inches
What is the price of the Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
The Ring Alarm 5-piece kit 2nd generation costs $199.99.
What Is The Warranty Period For The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
The warranty period of this security alarm system is one year.
How Easy Is It To Install The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
Installing the Ring Alarm 5-piece kit 2nd generation home security is relatively straightforward. Everything required to install the alarm system comes packed in the box, and all you need to do is plug in your base station, connect to WiFi via the Ring app and place the sensors in their accurate locations to provide protection for your home.
Included in the box of this alarm system is an installation kit containing mounting tape and hardware for the keypad and two sensors, an AC adapter for the base station, a USB power adapter and a cable for the keypad, a quick start guide, and an alarm kit security basics guide.
How User-Friendly Is The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
Unlike other complex alarm systems that require professional installation, this alarm system by Ring allows for easy and fast installation.
Also, when your alarm system is triggered, you can receive convenient mobile notifications. But that’s not even all – you can change your Alarm modes from Home, Away and Disarmed.
This alarm system allows for self-monitoring of all your devices using the Ring App or professional monitoring at an affordable price. It also integrates with multiple wireless platforms such as Z-wave technology, Zigbee, Bluetooth 4.1, and dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi, amongst others.
All these features that make the usage of this smart system uncomplicated and easy to use confirm how user-friendly the Ring Alarm 5-piece kit 2nd generation alarm system is.
What Is The Range Of The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
This alarm system incorporates Z-wave technology to send signals between the base station and other devices around your home, and as such, the range should be 250-foot to the base station.
Note that certain factors can influence the range of this alarm system.
What Are The Battery Life Expectations For The Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation?
The base station has an internal rechargeable lithium-ion backup battery that can last for up to 24 hours.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the Pros and Cons of the Ring Alarm 5 Piece Kit 2nd Generation home security:
- It’s easy to install
- It’s affordable
- Motion sensors
- Door sensors
- Z-wave technology
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi.
- If you have your exit door open and set the alarm, it bypasses that door sensor.
- The volume of the siren cannot be changed or muted in the app
- It’s not budget-friendly
- You have to pay monthly for the privilege of utilising a USB 3G SIM-equipped dongle to notify you in the event of an internet failure.
To sum up, the Ring Alarm 5-piece kit 2nd generation is an excellent security alarm system for small homes and apartments.
In addition to being affordable, this alarm system has excellent features that make it stand out, such as its easy installation and ease of use, 24/7 monitoring via the app or professional monitoring (depending on users’ preference), outdoor siren, and sensors which work together to prevent unauthorised entry to homes and provide an ultimate user experience.